Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday Drive along the Galway Bay

We took off around 11:30 and headed up the west coast through Salthill, Spiddal, and Costelloe. It's much cooler today and even sprinkled a few times throughout the afternoon.

We stopped for lunch along the drive and let's just say one of us made a better menu selection than the other. Kathleen had a grilled cheese and I tried to be daring with a hamburger... Worst."Hamburger." Ever.

The menu claims it is 100% Irish beef but the one bite I took had me wondering if my hamburger might have been a lamburger. Yikes!
After lunch we continued on our drive along the coast:

Just in case you need to visit a meat counter whilst pumping gas, this station is equipped:




This photo above of my parking job is the result of about 30 minutes worth of twisting and turing our toy car into this spot. It's actually a lot tighter than it looks! Good thing the car is only about 4 feet long.

Luckily we made it through the whole day with no hopped curbs, scrapes, or even any close calls, for that matter.

Here's what we're rocking on the passenger side front. In my defense it was missing the hubcap when we picked it up although I will take credit for how banged up the remaining wheel cover has become.

No comments: